Mighty Ogbo Ponders

As I sit on my ever increasing arse pondering the 'Verse, one can only wonder how much of this life truly makes sense?

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Tiddly Winks for the Kiddley Winks

There are some days when you just feel OLD.

Recently there was some e-mail flying about work for some touch-footbal competition. Many of us Geeks declined - and I quipped that I would rather play a vicious game of tiddly winks.

To my utter astonishment - many of the younger folks here at work had no idea what I was talking about! So I had to explain that playing a game popping little plastic discs into a pot was a fun pastime when I was a kid. That got a fair few incredulous looks from the kiddies ... they grew up playing computer games! Then to make matters worse - I mentioned that when I was a kid there were NO computer or TV games.

"Wow ... you must be really old!" was the reply of one cheeky little snot. Fuck you deary ... I'm not even 40 yet! You're probably still waiting for your testicles to drop ;-) Or perhaps testicles these days are "sooo 1960's" and these kids all have cubic cybernetic implants with USB connectors for a joystick.

So - I had to consult the Great Oracle (otherwise known as Google) and see if there was any info out there. Seems its still a popular past-time with us oldy-von-moldies.

There are plenty of stores still selling the game, and it even has its own website!.

So its good to see that some folks out there still appreciate a good old fashioned board game which does not require Gigahertz of processing power or masses of RAM, and a high speed internet connection. Just some little plastic discs.

For myself ... I generally prefer drinking games, and bedroom sports ;-) Pass the handcuffs!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home